Monday, November 30, 2009

blackbery security

i had the unfortunate event of not remembering my password for my bb a minute after i had set it. I tried it a couple of times and was told that it was wrong. i googled it and i found out that all i had to do was to enter it the maximum amount of times and it would erase all my data from the phone and then i would be able to use it again.

do you see a problem with that? i do. if my phone gets stolen or lost, all someone will have to do is to enter the incorrect password 10times or the maximum amount of times and then they would be able to use the phone. i thought the phone would be locked but alas, thats not the case. so if this information gets into the hands of some people, it would be detrimental to alot of others in the bb world :)

No comments: