Sunday, October 18, 2015

Limited or no WIFI after upgrading to Windows 10

I upgraded my laptop to Windows 10 yesterday and everything worked fine except for the WIFI and I couldn't figure out what the problem was. I found some commands to run which did not solve the problem. I figured it was the antivirus I was using so I stopped it and that still didn't solve the problem. I found several drivers; some installed and some didnt, that still didn't work.

Since the WIFI wasnt working on, I had to be using my phone. After much googling, a thought came to me to uninstall the antivirus. I was using COMODO which also has a internet security module. During the uninstall, the Limited icon left the WIFI signal. I tested it and it was working fine. So, if anyone has this problem, try uninstalling the antivirus that is installed, if it was installed from before the upgrade.

No comments: