Thursday, March 12, 2009

Error: SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. Ubuntu Intrepid Ibex

I was working on a new application which I will remain nameless, and I was having a strange error, one that I dont normally have at the beginning of a new application. This was the error:
So after going through all the things I thought I had done to cause that error, nothing worked so I went to my bed. When I was walking to work the next day, it hit me "safe mode". So after reaching work, the first thing I did was look for the php.ini file and check to see if safe_mode was on. Did I mention I was using ubuntu intrepid ibex? I am. :) It was. I turned it off and the error went. For those people who do not know where the php.ini file it, it is located here: /etc/php5/apache/. After turning safe_mode on or off, you will need to restart your apache apache. The commands to stop, start and restart your apache server are as follows: sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 stop
sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 start
sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 restart.

Hope that solves someone's problem.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Worked a treat! Thank you!

Jerome Bailey said...

you're welcome